Helping insulate Ireland one building at a time
What FREE Measures Are Included?
You’ll receive a number of free energy efficiency measures in your home under SEAI’s Better Energy Warmer Homes Scheme should you qualify. These measures include.
- Free Wall Insulation
- Free Attic Insulation
- Free Draught Proofing
- Free Pipe Insulation
- Free Cold & Hot Water Tank Lagging
- Free Low Energy Light Bulbs
- Free Energy Advice and Building Energy Rating Certificate (BER)
All measures are included at NO COST to the homeowner as long as you comply will all aspects of the programme. The Warmer Homes Scheme is funded by the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment (DCCAE) and administered by SEAI, eligibility criteria are defined by SEAI, upgrades are provided free of charge through SEAI and KORE promotes the scheme and delivers works to homeowners on behalf of SEAI.
How Do I Avail of Free Insulation?
Many homeowners throughout Ireland will qualify for free insulation and energy efficiency measures in their homes. To qualify, your home must have been built before 2006 and you must own the home. The house cannot be owned by a Local Authority. In addition, you, or your legal spouse or partner, must be in receipt of one of the following:
- Fuel Allowance as part of the National Fuel Scheme
- Job Seekers Allowance for over six months and with children under 7 years of age
- Working Family Payment (formerly known as Family Income Supplement)
- One-Parent Family Payment
- Domiciliary Care Allowance
- Carers Allowance (living with the person you are caring for)
You’ll have to verify your eligibility as part of the application process. Applicants must have their application signed by the local Department of Social Protection Office to verify benefits. SEAI will review all applications submitted and confirm eligibility by post once the application has been approved.
Here’s What Our Customers Are Saying…
See If You Qualify for Free Insulation
As of 17th, August 2020 we are no longer accepting applications for the Warmer Homes Scheme. You must apply directly with SEAI. Visit the SEAI Warmer Homes Scheme website for more information and to download an application form.